I have over 15 years of experience working with young people in roles such as workshop leader, tutor, mentor and programme manager. I am a qualified English, Media and Drama teacher, with a Masters level PGCE. In addition to this, I have many years of experience designing and delivering training for adults.
Teaching and facilitation services I can offer include:
Workshop design and delivery (ages 11-24)
Through my roles working with young people, I have designed and delivered programmes such as:
- Co-production and insights workshops – giving young people a voice in services, content, campaigns and programmes that involve them
- Wellbeing and mental health workshops – educating young people on how to look after their wellbeing and what to do if they need help
- SRE sessions – educating young people about issues such as consent and healthy relationships
- Employability workshops – equipping young people with a better understanding of the world of work and developing their skills
- Communication skills and public speaking workshops
Across my career, I have worked with young people between the ages of 3 to 24 but specialise in working with those aged 11 to 24. Due to my extensive experience, I have the skills required to design and lead engaging, creative and meaningful learning opportunities for young people on a broad range of topics.
Training design and delivery
I have designed and delivered extensive training programmes for adults during my time in the charity sector, including sessions on:
- Volunteer Management (Basics and Advanced)
- Safeguarding and Risk Assessing
- Train the Trainer
I would be delighted to speak to you about your organisation’s training needs and to explore how I can deliver existing programmes or develop and lead a course to meet your requirements.
Tom Downie, Managing Director at Volume 48
“Lucy is meticulous in her planning and ingenious in her creativity, It is always excellent to work with her. I can just trust when working with Lucy an excellent job will be done, and everyone involved will be impressed.”
I have worked with Tom on a range of events, most recently designing and leading an employability workshop for young people from Holloway School, in partnership with NBC Universal.